Title : Development of holistic health promotion model of older persons by family and community participation in Duan Yai sub-district, Wang Hin district, Sisaket province
The aim of this participatory action research was to develop holistic health promotion model of older persons by family and community participation in duan yai sub-district, wang hin district, sisaket province. The research consisted of two major components: situational analysis and developmental process. The participants comprised 3 groups, which included 15 older adult and family, 6 members of the team provided care, and 15 community leaders. Collecting data by focus groups, in-depth interviews, and participant observations. Content analysis were utilized to analyze the data.
The results from situational analysis showed that the holistic health promotion of older adults were lacked clarity of intelligence/spiritual wellness aspect, and mismatched the lifestyle needs of such individuals, and lack of integration and participation of older adults, their family and community stakeholders in designing holistic health promotion interventions and being consistent with the social, economic, political, and environmental aspects. The developmental process included:
1) Holistic health promotion for older persons by family and community integration and participation.
2) Development of assessment tools of holistic health promotion for the older adults consistent with the community context.
3) Practice guidelines of holistic health promotion for the older adults consistent with the social dimension, economic, political, and environmental aspects in the community context being developed.
4) Adapting holistic health promotion activities for the appropriate community context.
The participatory developmental process resulted in: The older adults consistent with their needs during each stage of illness; health care providers providing needed care services via and, the primary care unit having a holistic health promotion by family and community participation to use when providing holistic wellness promotion for the older adults. These findings suggested that the family and community participation in the health promotion management model can help the older persons get holistic which match the needs in daily activities, and obtain continuing quality holistic health promotion in the community context until the end of life in community context.
Audience Take Away Notes:
• Health professionals raising awareness and understanding of the holistic promotion wellness for older adults
• The findings can be used to holistic promotion wellness for older adults in other Buddhist contexts
• Healthcare provider can be used the holistic promotion wellness of older adults experiencing for integrating virtual models of care